Monday, August 22, 2011

Hurricane Oh Hurricane Irene

So quick little post.....Living in SC means we deal with hurricanes. Currently there is one in the area and will be making landfall around friday into saturday. Hurricane Irene will be more than likely a Category 3-4 when it hits. This is the projected path for now. As we all start to freak out a bit try to put into prospective that this is only a projected path and the storm has changed paths several times since its inception into hurricane status.

With that said I can now concentrate on coming up with an evacuation plan (just in case there is an off chance the Navy evacuates us), running to the store to pick up a few essential supplies (water, food, batteries, flashlights, candles, mood music, condoms...(lol)) Packing a small but suitable suitcase (which will be done at a more definite time). I should probably look at hotels in the area we are allowed to go just in case all of SC will be heading in that direction. This list is not me panicking....it is me organizing and being prepared regardless of the outcome. As I write this I hear thunder in the background..no not from an impending hurricane but from a small T-storm heading our way.

They funny part about this whole thing is watching The Weather Channel. They are currently talking about Social trends in the media today and who is trending about it most. Funny enough Hurricane Irene is number 2 in the country for trending and question where it is coming from....DUN DUN DUN Charleston SC. I wonder if it is all us Navy Wives contributing to the hysteria...lol.

Anyways that is all for now. If you do not hear from me by friday or saturday you will be able to find me hunkered down in my hurricane closet with my two dogs and my cat and if there is room my husband. If nothing after that then assume the worst and believe I have been swept away by Irene. Until then I will be here typing away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment