Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Really 5am......Time to Shop

So I made a plan with my friend Nikye to go to Harris Teeter in the morning. When I say morning I really mean morning...like before the sun even rose. I was up at 4:30 to be out of the house by 5:45. Let me tell you when that alarm clock rang I was wondering to myself if it was even worth it. Would these super double coupons worth the effort of getting up this early? I guess it was because we were not the only crazy people there shopping for great deals.

We first stopped off at Starbucks because coffee was the only thing that was going to keep me going. Then on to the first Harris Teeter. We were there by 6:30 and done by 7:15. It was a very quick trip. It was then off to the second Harris Teeter where we could shop a lit bit more leisurely. By the second store I was up and raring to go. We walked up and down every aisle debating if the coupons we had would be worth the store price we were going to pay. Nikye was a great help. You could tell that she had done this once or twice. She knew what was a great deal where and what to get when. I love her for that. She is like my coupon angel. As we walked up and down the aisles other couponers would stop and offer us coupons in exchange for some of ours....it was a whole different experience for me.

When all was said and done I spent $45 give or take on $160 worth of groceries. Some stuff I bought I did not have a coupon for but was on sale for a good price. Now as I unpack my groceries I think about all the people who are missing out on these deals. I cannot believe I almost copped out of going. I am so glad Nikye dragged my butt out of bed for this. It was sooooo worth the trip. It is 12:00 now and I have the rest of the day to clean and do homework. Plus Zumba at 7pm. I feel rather accomplished today!

No comments:

Post a Comment